The Self-Certification Program eliminates plan review by allowing a registered professional to take responsibility for and certify a project's compliance with building code, standards and ordinances. Self-Certified permits will be issued within 5 days of application.
The Building Official shall determine if a project will be eligible for this program. The following projects can be considered:
- Single Family detached buildings and accessory structures that comply with the limitations of the Mesa Residential Code (IRC).
- Tenant Improvements, Tenant Completions, remodeling or renovations for Group B (Business); Group M (Mercantile); Group S (Storage) except aircraft hangers; and Group F (Factory/Industrial) occupancies.
- Certain smaller scaled projects may be eligible for this program if approved by the Building Official.
- Architect or structural engineer registered in Arizona.
- Successful completion of Phoenix self-certification training.