Advisory Boards & Committees

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Mesa residents are invited to participate in the process of City of Mesa government. One of the most effective ways to provide input is through service on one of the City's citizen advisory boards and committees. Through this service, civic-minded citizens become involved in their local government and make recommendations to the Mesa City Council. The City, in turn, benefits from the knowledge, experience and expertise of citizens.

If you are a resident of Mesa and are interested in serving on one of the following boards, contact Ian Linssen at 480-644-3002 or send an e-mail to for more information about the board.

Sign-up to be notified when there are board and committee openings.

Prospective board and committee members must complete an Application Form, which can be completed and e-mailed online or printed and mailed in. Completed PDF forms may be mailed to the Mayor's Office or sent by fax to 480-644-2175. Appointments to the boards are recommended by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Thank you for your interest in helping to make Mesa an even better place in which to live, work and play.

The following boards/committees have upcoming vacancies:

  • Housing & Community Development (multi family rep)

The Citizen Advisory Boards and Committees include:

Historical Agendas & Minutes

Related Links


Board & Committee Training

Speaking at a City Council Meeting

Other Boards

The seven members study and recommend the use of Industrial Development Bonds for manufacturing, industrial and commercial businesses to locate or remain in Mesa. Meetings are held as needed. Members are appointed for staggered terms of six years. Call (480) 644-5697 for information.

The five members review the financial statements of the benefit and liability self-insurance plans and participate in the annual plan review. Meetings are held on an as-needed basis. Members are appointed for staggered terms of three years. The board consists of one City Councilmember, one City employee and three members who are neither City Councilmembers or City employees. Call (480) 644-5697 for information. 

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer